Learning at Home
Virtual Sports Day!
An introduction to our Virtual Sports Day 2020, organised by Year 6
- You can choose one reading activity daily from the reading grid supplied for completion of your child’s reading homework, or make up some additional reading activities of your own.
- Keeping a diary is a helpful way to practice handwriting, spelling and grammar.
- www.twinkl.co.uk – Twinkl are providing a one month free subscription to all parents and educators currently. There is a wealth of resources available to print on all topics. You may find the search bar more effective than browsing by subject if looking for a particular resource, as there are lots to look through.
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button - Hit the button is a maths app available on both android and apple devices as well as laptops and PCs. A great maths app which includes number bonds and times tables. The cost of this app is £2.99 and should be transferable to all household devices once the purchase is made.
- https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/ - Oxford Owl have a free e-library available on their website. You will need to register for an account, which is free.
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ - Topmarks have lots of educational resources and games available.
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/primary - BBC bitesize has videos and games available, handily sorted by keystage. Should also be easy for older children to navigate the website themselves for some IT practice.
- https://ttrockstars.com/ - Times Tables Rockstars. A program for learning and revision of times tables in a fun and easy to understand format. A log in will hopefully be provided in due course.
- https://www.bbcchildreninneed.co.uk/schools/primary-school/fundraise-with-joe-wicks/ - Joe Wicks family friendly short work out videos. Great for days when you can’t get outside and fun to do as a family.
- Cosmic Kids Yoga – available on YouTube. Themed yoga sessions aimed at children. Usual caution should be applied when using YouTube.
- https://www.picture-news.co.uk/ - weekly news story presented to children to provoke thought and question to help children understand the world around them and develop respect for other’s beliefs, feelings and faith. Encourages exploration, discussion, challenge and inspires children to learn.
- Virtual Museum Tours – here is a selection of the virtual museum tours available:
- https://sadtohappyproject.com/5-minute-crafts-for-kids/ - Has a few nice craft activities to do with children, www.pinterest.com is also great for this and you can search for themed crafts e.g. search for ‘spring kid’s crafts’ or ‘kid’s science activity’.
- https://biglifejournal.com/blogs/blog/5-fun-mindfulness-activities-children-breathing-exercises - self isolation may be a stressful time for your family.
- Oliver Jeffers is a popular author and illustrator who will be going live on Instagram (@oliverjeffers) at 6pm every evening from Monday 23 March, reading one of his books. The video will be uploaded to his website also.